logo

Epilepsy

Epilepsy, or "seizure dysfunction," is a continual neurological dysfunction marked by sudden and unpredictable seizures. Seizures occur when there may be an uncommon sample {of electrical} indicators within the mind, inflicting a disturbance. The commonest kind of seizure (60%) is convulsive, and the remaining 40% is non-convulsive. Inside these definitions, there are a lot of completely different sorts of epileptic seizures, making it a various situation with a large spectrum. When an individual experiences epileptic seizures, they are often identified with one in every of these three varieties: idiopathic, which implies that there isn't any obvious trigger; cryptogenic, which suggests there may be in all probability a trigger, however the physician can not determine it; and symptomatic, which implies that the physician is aware of what the trigger is. In 70% of the instances, seizures will be managed with treatment. When antiepileptic medicine don't work, the subsequent choice is surgical procedure, a particular weight loss program, or vagus nerve stimulation (VNS).

Disclaimer

This website is designed to provide helpful information and suggestions for educational purposes. You should consult selectively and not use any information on this website to substitute for professional medical diagnoses or treatment. If your body is experiencing specific problems and symptoms, it is necessary to contact and consult other healthcare professionals for the most accurate results.